Black Sheep Auto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Black Sheep Auto

The duct tape to your zip tie

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any tips on banging out dents?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GoodTimes
infantile shenanigans
GoodTimes

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Any tips on banging out dents? Empty
PostSubject: Any tips on banging out dents?   Any tips on banging out dents? Empty5/1/2009, 6:39 pm

Im not looking to get my truck looking perfect...but im gonna finish painting the yota and looking to knock out some of my major damage

How say you?
Back to top Go down
Dasboost
Microwave tater tots
Dasboost

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on banging out dents?   Any tips on banging out dents? Empty5/1/2009, 9:09 pm

If you can get to the inside of where its dented its best to hammer or pry in to out using a metal block (dolly) pressed against the outside of the panel and a hammer or prybar inside. I have s 220volt spot welder/slide hammer dent puller that'll straighten anything but will require bodywork after.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.BLACKSHEEPAUTO.COM
]2eDeYe
bonafied
]2eDeYe

Number of posts : 704

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on banging out dents?   Any tips on banging out dents? Empty5/2/2009, 12:15 am

Maybe you could drive it in reverse next to that stump Laughing

I have a prybar and some body hammers you can use Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.blacksheepauto.com
ShoNuff
ED-209
ShoNuff

Number of posts : 304

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on banging out dents?   Any tips on banging out dents? Empty5/2/2009, 2:03 am

i like a rubber mallet, right on the center of the dent, or where the crease is.

you'll need to take off any "covers" that prevent you from getting to the "other side" of the dent.

then just whack it back.

if there is no crease in the dent, or a flat enuff spot. get it wet then use a toilet plunger to pull the dent out.

note: any dents you pop out will come back easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on banging out dents?   Any tips on banging out dents? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any tips on banging out dents?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Sheep Auto :: Exterior-
Jump to: