Black Sheep Auto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Black Sheep Auto

The duct tape to your zip tie

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShoNuff
ED-209
ShoNuff

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-02-13

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong Empty
PostSubject: why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong   why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong Empty3/20/2009, 2:21 am

so most side jobs i do arnt that exciting or out of the ordinary, oil changes and what not.

but this time its different.

im working on a super clean 82 toyota 4x4 with the worst blown headgasket ive ever seen Sad the truck has been almost exclusively maintained by the dealer ship, has REAL toyota replacement parts on it down to kanji script on the oil filter. all the original bolts/hoses/ covers/ ect. are there, intact, and come apart easily. ive never worked on a car this easy to work on, with lil to no jack-ass-ed-dry on it. its also only used 4x4 a couple times and mostly for snow reasons. in fact, its a lot like my truck when i got it (body wise) cept my truck lived in a commune of jackass mechanics that didnt own tools and had no concept of "if a bolt comes off it should go back in".

the block and head are garbage now, fancy paper weights if you will. i will be swapping in a 20r and a weber here shortly.

so heres the truck
why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0371

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0372

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0373

yes thats really 260,000 on the clock
why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0376

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0375

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0374

so heres the fun part, i dont need to make funny comments as the pics more then speak for themselves.

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0377

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0379

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0381

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0383

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong DSCN0384

not really sure what to blame on this one either. i found the following things wrong:

radiator stop leak added at some point (DONT EVER USE THAT CRAP EVAAAAAAAA!!!11!)
typical non functioning fan clutch
leaking radiator...
timing chain converted from a dual chain with metal guides to a single with plastic guides.
and the head is severly warped, the owner swears he didnt drive it after it started to overheat and it never got to the "red"

still cant get over how much material is missing from the head, that is F'n amazing. and not one single toyota dork i know has EVER seen one that bad.
Back to top Go down
]2eDeYe
bonafied
]2eDeYe

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2009-02-13

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong Empty
PostSubject: Re: why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong   why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong Empty3/20/2009, 2:53 pm

It'll buff out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.blacksheepauto.com

why you should fix stuff as soon as you know something is wrong
Page 1 of 1